Spade DrillsReduce your costs per drilling with Karnasch spade drills and increase the efficiency of your production. Karnasch's range of spade drills is the efficient solution for drilling with exchangeable cutting heads. Karnasch spade drills are highly efficient drilling tools with outstanding performance parameters in terms of tool life and production tolerance.
Spade drills by Karnasch with exchangeable solid carbide/powder steel cutting heads
The premium quality spade drills with quick-change function for quick exchanging of the cutting heads. Particularly suitable for CNC machines such as pillar drilling machines or radial drilling machines.
Reduce your costs per drilling with Karnasch spade drills and increase the efficiency of your production. Karnasch's range of spade drills is the efficient solution for drilling with exchangeable cutting heads. Karnasch spade drills are highly efficient drilling tools with outstanding performance parameters in terms of tool life and production tolerance. Spade drills replace the outdated drilling technology of drilling tools consisting entirely of HSS / HSS-Co cobalt / powder steel and represent an excellent addition to the range of solid carbide drills.
Advantages of spade drills with quick-change system
Karnasch spade drills consist of two components, the tool holder and the cutting inserts. The spade drills also have an internal coolant supply, which ensures excellent chip removal, even when drilling deep holes.
Spade drills are particularly suitable for CNC machines such as pillar drilling machines and radial drilling machines as well as all traditional or manual drilling machines. Learn more about the advantages of Karnasch spade drills in the following overview.
- Only 14 holders are required to cover the diameter range Ø 9.5 - 114 mm.
- Internal coolant supply for excellent chip removal even when deep drilling.
- The high-precision connection between holder and cutting insert guarantees narrowest tolerances and cutting inserts that are easy to change.
- The cutting inserts are made of powder steel or carbide. All cutting inserts also have coatings that are optimized for their intended uses. This combination results in a significantly higher cutting performance and tool life.
- Due to the quick exchange of the cutting inserts, the spade drill is immediately ready for use again. It is not necessary, as in the case of conventional steel drills, to recondition or sharpen the complete drill.
- The optimized XR cross-sectional cutting edge grinding on the cutting inserts reduces the cutting forces significantly and improves the stability of the entire cutting insert.
- The chip breaker results in better chip removal and a lower cutting force.
Longer Tool Lives
1. Drill tip
- The axial forces are reduced by up to 20% as compared to conventional drills due to tapered center cutting edges
2. XR cross-sectional cutting edge grinding
- Improves the stability of the cutting edges
- Improves the stability of the entire cutting insert
3. Two back flank surfaces
- Reduces friction with the workpiece
- Improves self-centering
- Reduces axial forces